Here are a few “words of wisdom” to ensure so that you get the best out of your contact lenses.
- Attend regular check-ups.
- Wash (anti-bacterial soap in a pump dispenser) and dry your hands (lint free tissues) prior to handling your lenses.
- Clean, rinse and disinfect your lenses after each use (except daily disposables which should be discarded after each wear and extended wear lenses).
- Air dry the storage case and keep dry when lenses are being worn. Replace storage cases monthly.
- Insert your lenses before putting on make-up and remove lenses then remove make-up.
- Always keep spare lenses.
- Have an up-to-date pair of spectacles available for when you need to remove your lenses.
- Use tap water in any circumstance.
- Wet your lenses with saliva.
- Re-use solutions.
- Sleep in your lenses unless they are specifically approved.
- Switch to a different solution brand except on the advice of your practitioner.
- Use your lenses for swimming or water sports unless wearing tight fitting goggles.
- Use your lenses when showering or using a hot tub.