How to insert & your contact lenses
Place the wet, clean “right” lens on the tip of the index or middle finger of your dominant hand (if you’re right-handed this would be your right hand) and pull down the lower lid with the middle or ring finger of the same hand. Use your other hand to hold the upper lid firmly open.
Look directly at the contact lens or look directly into a mirror and place the lens directly on the cornea (the large coloured circle in the centre of your eye).
Slowly release your hold on the lid. To centring the lens, close eyelid and gently massage lens into place, or with eye open, carefully move lens into place with lid (using finger as a guide).
If there are any air bubbles beneath the lens, close your eye, and with the eye closed, roll the eye gently. Another way of getting rid of air bubbles is to massage the lids very lightly. Under no condition, however, should your rub your eyes.
Removing your contact lenses
Look up. With middle finger, hold down lower lid. Use forefinger to slide lens to lower part of eye. Pinch lens with thumb and forefinger and remove without excessively folding the lens.
- Hands should be washed and thoroughly rinsed before handling lenses.
- A soap which is free of oils, lotions or perfumes is recommended.
- Hands should be dried with a lint-free towel.
- Use finger tips to handle lens (avoid finger nails and sharp objects).
- Check lens is clean, wet and damage-free.