Whilst you can carry on using eye makeup when wearing contact lenses, you may wish to be aware of the following guidelines.
- First, insert your contact lenses and then apply makeup.
- Lenses should be removed before removing makeup.
- Fast-drying fibre free mascara is advisable.
- Eye-colour pencil should not be applied directly on the edge of your lower eyelid- better to apply on edge of lower eyelash.
- Eyeshadow in cream form/compact powder has been shown to be the best type of lens wearers.
- Liquid eyeliner can lead to some tinting of soft contact lenses.
- Use a rich eye make up remover for removal of eye makeup.
- Be careful not to allow hand creams, sun lotions and nail polish remover to come into direct contact with the lenses.