At Opticare Opticians, we provide our patients with a highly advanced retinal photography service, which scans the retina to rule out or screen for eye diseases.
Why use retinal photography?
The main objective of using this technology is to improve our ability to determine the status of your retina health in a better way. Early detection of eye disease is crucial and retinal photography helps us diagnose potential problems before they become too serious.
Our experienced and highly skilled Opticians may recommend patients to have retinal photography, so that they can view and record your retina at up to 100 times its normal size.
At Opticare you can expect:
- An annual eye wellness screening photograph.
- An in-depth view of the retinal surface.
- A discussion with your optician regarding the images.
- A permanent record for your medical file, for a year to year comparison and diagnosis.
- A quick, easy, comfortable experience.
- Typically no dilation drops.
- The ability to email images to specialists as required.
This technology allows our optometrists to record a detailed photo of the retina and evaluate any retinal problems, such as retinal holes, glaucoma, macula degeneration, detachments and diabetic retinopathy, all of which can lead to partial loss of vision or blindness. Systemic diseases such as high blood pressure and diabetes may also be detected during a retinal examination.
At Opticare Opticians, we take and store the picture of the retina to build up the record for each individual patient. This helps us to monitor the progression of diverse eye conditions. If a patient is referred for specialist opinion, the image can easily be reproduced to accompany the referral letter pinpointing the anomaly found.Book Retinal Photography